Are you the victim of an accident at work?
For many of us having an accident at work can result in serious injury and in some cases even mental trauma. Your place of work should be a safe environment for all its employees.
It is the duty of employers to provide any necessary training, procedures, protective clothing and to abide by proper health & safety law practices. These requirements are in force regardless of the nature of your work or workplace environment.
Types of accidents at work
At Everyday Claims we deal with thousands of different work accidents in all kinds of situations. Accidents can arise in many different ways including:
- A slip or trip at work - for example a blocked walkway, tripping over cables or wires, slipping on a wet surface, falling down stairs
- A factory accident - for example faulty machinery, lack of protective clothing or safety measures, insufficient training
- Forklift truck accident - for example a warehouse accident
- Road accident - your job may involve being on the road a lot doing your job.
- Lifting heavy objects - people can easily get back, leg and knee injuries from lifting heavy objects at work
Types of work related industrial diseases
In addition to everyday accidents and injuries, employees can suffer debilitating diseases and chronic pain over a period of time such as:
- Asbestos - Asbestosis and mesothelioma affect the victim's breathing through scarring of the lungs. This process can take a long time (20 - 30 years).
- Hearing loss - a noisy work environment or working with loud machinery can, over time, result in loss of hearing
- Vibration White Finger - This usually affect employees using hammer drills, chainsaws and hand guided machinery
- Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) - Linked to prolonged usage with keyboard and mouse work
How do I make an accident at work compensation claim?
Whatever your circumstances and the extent of your injury, it is your legal right to seek compensation and your employer cannot take action against you for doing this. The easiest way to get your claim started and to find out in confidence if you have a genuine claim is complete the simple online form opposite. Or friendly team of experienced work injury lawyers will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.